This job posting is no longer active
Brief Posting Description
KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business segments, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our clients have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With more than 27,000 employees around the world, we deliver top-quality service and performance in engineering, construction, operations and maintenance, logistics and project management services to clients who entrust us with their most vital projects.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
HSE Field Coordinator
KBR is currently seeking a HSE Specialist based on our Kitimat project site who will report to the Project HSE Manager on site. Successful candidate will be required to spend 80% of shift with craft and supervisors in the field as a resource to both. Individual will attend all HSE field related meetings and participate in any post incident investigations. Person must be able to communicate well and excel in hazard recognition. Must be aggressive in hazard mitigation, HSE concern resolution and initiate positive performance recognition.
· Minimum of 5 years as a safety professional and/or 5 years supervisory experience with journeyman credentials. Certification as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional or Canadian Society of Safety Engineers Heath and Safety Consultant or Occupational Health and Safety Certification Program or Construction Safety Officer (CSO/NCSO) or equivalent
· Accredited auditor
· Leadership for Excellence training certification
· Minimum of 2 years industrial safety experience
· Familiar with and supports best industry safety practices
· Advanced knowledge in BC OH&S Acts, Codes and Regulations
· Ability to analyze and upgrade Job Safety Analysis
· Knowledgeable in trade practices such as rigging, lifting, welding, scaffolding, confined space entry, lock and tag out, fall protection
· Advances knowledge in incident investigation
· Ability to analyze data for trends and developing corrective actions
· Communication skills to facilitate effective coaching in the field and presenting topics at safety meetings
This position will be based on our Kitimat Project site in Kitimat, British Columbia. The current project rotation is 21 days on, followed by 7 days off.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit their resume via our website: http://www.kbr.com/Careers/Canada/