This job posting is no longer active
Brief Posting Description
KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business segments, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our clients have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With more than 27,000 employees around the world, we deliver top-quality service and performance in engineering, construction, operations and maintenance, logistics and project management services to clients who entrust us with their most vital projects.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
KBR is seeking a Purchasing Specialist to be based at our Edmonton Office. Functional job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Assist in the procurement of materials, supplies, and services, focusing on costs
· Develop RFQs/RFPs in alignment with corporate policies and procedures
· Procure project-related items and conduct MRO purchases
· Establishes and maintains a list of qualified suppliers and preferred vendor lists
· Prepare the expediting criteria and expediting schedule for all purchase orders of the project
· Interface with project resources to reconcile PO, receiving, and invoices
· Identify cost saving opportunities and assist in the negotiation of contractual agreements
· Perform vendor analysis and monitor performance metrics on project applicable suppliers (cost, quality, supply, delivery, and customer service
· Keeps Project team adequately advised of significant issues or changes in order status, with particular attention to any problem areas
· Two year diploma in Business, Supply Chain, or equivalent with 4-6 years’ experience, or 4-year degree in Business, Economics, or equivalent with 2-4 years’ experience; experience in a procurement role
· Working toward SCMP (Canada)
· Proficient in the use of MS Office (Excel, Work, Power Point, Access) and Business Systems
· Strong background with personal computers and business systems, preferably Oracle
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which include an RRSP/DCPP plan with company match, medical, dental, life insurance, AD&D, short term and long term disability, paid time off and a flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
How To Apply