Brief Posting Description
The scope and role of the wildlife safety specialist would be to implement health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and guidelines for the employees and department safety pertaining to wildlife interaction.
· Create procedures, incident reports and perform inspections to ensure conformity in inspecting work areas for signs of wildlife in the area through routine patrolling, providing direction to and oversee work tasks in wildlife sensitive areas
· Implement actions to deter or relocate wildlife should they become a nuisance to work areas
· Notifies appropriate parties, using a trunk radio system of emergencies as they occur
Provides guidance and instruction to work crews when wildlife encountered on work site
· Candidate must be qualified with firearms and have certification/permit to carry firearms in BC: Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC), Possession and Acquisition License (PAL), BC CORE course, BC hunting license and others as required by law.
· Candidate would be required to supply and carry their own weapon (shotgun) as part of their job task in deterring or moving on wildlife that may become a nuisance or as a danger to workers.
· Valid driver’s license
How To Apply