Brief Posting Description
Participates in the development and fulfillment of contract requirements in the bidding, purchase or sale/delivery of equipment, materials, products or services. Interfaces with internal functions to evaluate contract compliance Under general supervision, solves complex problems requiring detailed knowledge of field and industry best practices. Uses experience and problem solving skills to develop and improve processes. May provide guidance to less experienced team members. Skills required for this job are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree and 5+ years of experience. Experience in the Oil & Gas constructiuon industry will be an asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate proficiency in subcontract administration and management. Candidate must have complete life-cycle subcontract management skills and an in-depth knowledge of the contracting process as it relates to Canadian construction procurement. Must be able to prepare subcontract packages that will withstand audit scrutiny. Skill set must include working knowledge of business development, proposal development, technical performance requirements development, financial analysis and other pertinent business sector processes.
- Performs the full life cycle of subcontract management.
- Reviews prime contract solicitation requirements document for clarity, considering markets, supplier capabilities, company objectives and customer needs.
- Must have basic understanding of Canadian construction and labour regulations and how they relate to subcontract management as well as experience managing various types of subcontracts and task orders including Lump Sum, Unit rate and T&M.
- Ensures that discussions, correspondence and agreements with potential and actual subcontractors are in accordance with law, corporate and company policy and program special provisions.
- Provide advice and support, as needed, in developing Statements of Work (SOW); source selection criteria and performing source selections.
- Provides subcontract advice to program managers, engineering personnel, and other related functions such as finance, quality, and contract administration
- Assess vendors for pre-qualification based upon standard practices
- Prepare non-disclosure agreements.
- Prepare and issue Requests for Proposal (RFP), Request for Quote (RFQ) or Requests for Information (RFI), as needed during the proposal process.
- Determine correct solicitation method and assist the project teams to determine sources to be solicited.
- Review solicitation responses and assist Progect Management and other technical representatives with source selection.
- Prepare documents tailored to specific requirements and evaluate subcontractor proposals in concert with the project teams and other management level representatives.
- Award subcontracts. Prepare and negotiate subcontract agreements, subcontract amendments, and related documents ensuring all subcontract requirements are met.
- Process subcontracts and all requisite backup file documentation through required approval process .
- Manage subcontractors by tracking deadlines, assessing performance, and confirming compliance with subcontract terms and conditions. Initiate corrective actions and mitigation strategies if performance falters.
- Coordinate subcontract closeout process.
How To Apply