This job posting is no longer active
Brief Posting Description
KBR Company Information
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction and services company, we support the energy, petrochemical, government services and civil infrastructure sectors on 6 continents. Serving our customers through six diverse business segments – Government & Infrastructure, Services, Upstream, Technology, Downstream and Ventures - we offer challenging assignments on some of the world’s largest and most complex projects. Our clients value us because they know We Deliver.
With more than 27,000 employees around the world, we deliver top-quality service and performance in engineering, construction, operations and maintenance, logistics and project management services to clients who entrust us with their most vital projects.
Join us and you’ll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
You’ll go far with KBR. So make a difference in your career, your life and the world.
The Contracts Specialist will actively participate in the management of contract activity that has a moderate to high risk to the business unit. These contract activities may be non-routine and require development of specialized contract vehicles and techniques to accomplish business goals and objectives. Generally involves independent judgment and analysis of significant issue identification and resolution. May require development of new contract policies and processes or assessment of required deviations from established norm. Responsibilities could include all of the following:
· Development and fulfillment of Contract requirements during the execution of Projects.
· Interface with the client on Contractual Issues
· Prepare and negotiate Change Orders.
· Issue Contract notifications and letters.
· Support the bidding, purchase or sale/delivery of equipment, materials, products and services.
· Develop flow-down special terms and conditions for subcontracts
· Interface with internal departments to evaluate contract compliance.
· Under general supervision, solve complex problems requiring detailed knowledge of field and industry best practices, and Contract law.
· Use experience and problem solving skill to improve contract administration processes.
· Provide guidance on contractual matters to project team members.
· Completion of an undergraduate degree, preferably in law. Equivalencies will be considered.
· Prior experience with Construction law would be an asset.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Detail oriented and ability to effectively manage time within a fast paced environment.
· Good presentation, leadership and team-building skills.
· Use of independent judgment and creativity applied to resolution of contract issues.
· Excellent internal and external negotiation skills.
How To Apply
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which include an RRSP/DCPP plan with company match, medical, dental, life insurance, AD&D, short term and long term disability, paid time off and a flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.